Church Reopening Guidelines
The First Seventh-day Adventist Church of Tulsa will resume holding church services in our church building at 920 S. New Haven on May 16, 2020, after being closed for several weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
There will be a Sabbath School (Bible Class) for adults beginning at 9:30 a.m. followed by a Worship Service at 10:45 a.m. No children's Sabbath School classes will be held at this time.
Persons over 65 years of age and those with complicating medical conditions should continue to stay at home until at least June 1, according to state of Oklahoma guidelines. Sabbath School and Worship Services will be live streamed for your convenience.
In line with safety precautions recommended by the state of Oklahoma and Tulsa Health Department, please observe the following guidelines for reopening the church for services:
- Do not come to church if you feel ill, especially if you are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms: cough, congestion, fever, nausea, sore throat, muscle pains, headache, chills, or loss of taste or smell.
- Wearing a face mask is recommended, since individuals infected with coronavirus may be without any symptoms of illness for several days and can still spread the virus.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others at all times. Refrain from hugs and shaking hands; avoid group conversations in hallways.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer frequently.
- Bring your own Bible with you as pew Bibles and hymnals will not be available.
- State guidelines recommend seating in every other row, keeping one pew empty between occupied ones. Families may sit together, maintaining at least 6 feet between family groups.
- Tithes and Offerings will be received in collection boxes at the rear of the church sanctuary following both Sabbath School and Worship Services.
Things will be different, but we will be worshiping together once again. Looking forward to seeing you in church!