Church Reopening for Sabbath Services May 16, 2020
In line with the state of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Conference guidelines, the First Adventist Church of Tulsa will reopen for Sabbath services on May 16, 2020.
There will be a general adult Sabbath School program at 9:30 am followed by a Worship Service at 10:45 am. The state reopening guidelines recommend NO children's Sabbath School classes at this time.
Oklahoma state guidelines recommend that persons over 65 years of age as well as those with complicating medical conditions, continue to stay at home during the month of May. We will live stream both adult Sabbath School and Worship Services.
In order to protect the safety of those who wish to attend our church services, we will be following these guidelines recommended by the state of Oklahoma:
- Do not come to church if you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms: cough, congestion, fever, nausea, sore throat, muscle pains, headache, chills, or loss of taste or smell.
- Wear a face mask.
- Refrain from hugs and shaking hands; avoid group conversations in hallways, etc.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Bring your own Bible with you, as we will not have pew Bibles or hymnals for use.
- Seating: State guidelines recommend seating in every other row of pews, keeping one pew empty between occupied ones. Families may sit together, but there should be at least 6 feet between families in each pew.
- Offerings will be received in a collection box at the rear of the church sanctuary at the end of both Sabbath School and the Worship Service.
Things will be different, but we will be worshiping together in God's house once again. We look forward to seeing you in church in the near future!